Smooth threads are small, thin “threads” made of polydioxanone (PDO) to help stimulate collagen production in the areas they are placed. These threads differ in barbed threads (the longer, lifting threads used for threadlifts) in that they do not lift at all. They are commonly known as skin boosters, are minimally invasive, and commonly used in areas such as your frown lines, smile lines, lip lines, under the chin to help with skin laxity, the neck, and much more. Smooth threads can essentially be placed anywhere you desire more collagen, tightening, or softening of wrinkles with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Pre and Post Care
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, blood thinners, fish oil, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba,
ginseng, garlic, St. John’s Worts, and kava kava for 7 days prior to procedure to minimize
bruising and swelling.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours prior to procedure to minimize bruising and
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore,
blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
- If you have a history of a neuromuscular or immunosuppressive disorder, please get a
signed note from your primary care provider authorizing treatment.
- Please come to your filler appointment with NO makeup if possible.
- Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our office at (909)218-3993 or email@example.com
After the procedure, you may notice:
- Swelling and bruising in the treated area for up to two weeks after procedure.
- Gradual improvement will be visible several weeks from initial treatment and multiple
treatments are typically recommended 4-6 weeks apart for maximal improvement.
- Do not massage the treatment are
- Avoid exercising for 24 hours after procedure.
- Avoid wearing make-up in the treated area for 24 hours after procedure
How to maintain treatment:
- 3-4 treatments are recommended 4-6 weeks apart for best results. Please ensure you have follow up appointments scheduled with your provider.
- Maintenance treatments are recommended annually to maintain collagen-production.
- Products such as Alumier Retinol and treatments such as neurotoxins, sculptra, and microneedling can further enhance your results.