FDA-approved neurotoxins are also known as “anti-wrinkle injections” made of botulinum toxins that are injected into the muscle to block nerve signals that cause muscle contraction. These are commonly used to treat forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. One of our most popular services, the procedure takes 20 to 30 minutes, has very minimal downtime, and can last for over three months. This procedure has been extensively researched and has proven to be safe and effective, making them the perfect confidence boost that offers consistent and safe results.
At Rumi Aesthetics, we offer Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, and Daxxify.
Pre and Post Care
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, blood thinners, fish oil, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. John’s Worts, and kava kava for 7 days prior to procedure to minimize bruising and swelling.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours prior to procedure to minimize bruising and swelling.
- Please avoid any vaccines 3-4 weeks before or after procedure.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
- If you have a history of a neuromuscular or immunosuppressive disorder, please get a signed note from your primary care provider authorizing treatment.
- Please come to your filler appointment with NO makeup if possible.
- Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our oﬃce at (909)218-3993 or email@example.com
After your neurotoxin treatment, you may notice:
1) Tiny bumps resembling bee stings or mosquito bites in the areas we’ve injected. This is completely normal and will subside within the next hour. Avoid vigorously rubbing or touching the area.
2) Bruising can occur in some injection sites and is completely normal. This will typically resolve within a few days to 2 weeks.
3) Some patients experience headaches after receiving neurotoxins. This is a possible side effect and is not a complication of the procedure. You may take Tylenol to help alleviate the discomfort.
4) You look exactly the same — the neurotoxin does NOT start kicking in until later, so you will not notice any results right away. Most toxins will start kicking in within a few days and can take 2-3 weeks for peak results. Please allow time for it to fully settle.
1. Avoid touching the treated area: Refrain from touching, rubbing, or applying pressure to the injected area for at least 4 hours after the procedure. This helps prevent the migration of tox and ensures optimal placement.
2. Stay upright: Avoid lying down or bending over for at least 4 hours after the treatment. This helps prevent the spread of tox to unintended areas.
3. Avoid strenuous activities: To minimize the risk of tox spreading or potential bruising, avoid vigorous exercise, heavy lifting, or any activities that could increase blood flow to the treated area for at least 24 hours.
4. Avoid excessive heat and sun exposure: For the first few days after the procedure, avoid saunas, hot showers, sunbathing, or any activities that may expose the treated area to excessive heat or direct sunlight. This helps reduce the risk of inflammation and complications.
5. Attend follow-up appointments: It is important to attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your practitioner. These appointments allow them to assess the results, address any concerns, and make any necessary adjustments.
**Everyone’s muscles and anatomy are different and it is not uncommon to need a touch-up after two weeks. If you haven’t already, please schedule a follow-up appointment with your provider if a touch-up is needed**
- For masseters and shoulder tox, please allow 4-6 weeks to see slimming effect.
How to maintain your treatment:
- The average duration of toxin is 3-4 months. It is typically strongest (most “frozen”) between 2-6 weeks and then it is normal movement to slowly return starting at 6 weeks to the point it would require another treatment around 3-4 months. If you see your muscle “waking up” after 6 weeks, it does not indicate that the treatment has worn off. It is normal for movement to gradually return starting around 6-8 weeks. For maintenance, it is best to schedule your appointments every 3-4 months.
- With Daxxify, you should expect to experience a longer period between treatments.
- Regular maintenance of your treatments will help you maximize the potential benefits of your tox treatments.
- Zinc oxide supplements may help your treatment last longer and may be recommended by your provider. Please consult with your primary care provider before starting any supplements.
- Products such as Alumier Everactive C&E, Sunscreen, Retinol and treatments such as red light therapy, microneedling w/PRF. PDO threads, smooth threads, RF Microneedling, and sculptra can further enhance your results