The Lumenis M22 is the pinnacle of advanced skincare technology designed to transform your complexion and reveal your natural radiance. This state-of-the-art system offers a wide range of customizable treatments, allowing us to address your unique skincare concerns with precision and efficacy. The M22 utilizes innovative IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and ResurFX™ fractional non-ablative laser technologies, which work synergistically to stimulate collagen production, improve skin tone, and enhance texture. With its versatile platform, our skilled practitioners can tailor treatments to your specific needs, providing personalized solutions for various skin conditions, including sun damage, age spots, rosacea, acne scars, and fine lines. . These gentle and non-invasive treatments require minimal downtime, ensuring a convenient and comfortable experience for our valued patients.
Pre and Post Care
- Avoid sun exposure: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. This helps minimize skin sensitivity and reduce the risk of complications. If sun exposure cannot be avoided, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing.
- Skincare products: Discontinue the use of any retinol creams, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), or other exfoliating products for at least one week before the IPL treatment. These products can sometimes cause skin irritation and may increase sensitivity during the treatment.
- Avoid certain medications and treatments: Prior to the treatment, inform your healthcare provider of any medications you are taking, especially those that can increase skin sensitivity, such as isotretinoin (Accutane). It is generally recommended to stop using these medications for a specified period before undergoing IPL treatment. Additionally, avoid any other facial treatments, such as waxing or laser hair removal, for at least one week before your IPL session.
- Cleanse your skin: On the day of the treatment, ensure your skin is clean and free of any makeup, lotions, or creams. This allows for a sterile environment and optimal treatment effectiveness.
- Avoid tanning products: Avoid using self-tanning products or getting spray tans for at least two weeks before your IPL treatment. These products can interfere with the accuracy of the treatment and increase the risk of adverse reactions.
- Shave the treatment area: If you are receiving IPL treatment for hair removal, shave the treatment area the night before or on the day of the procedure. This ensures that the IPL energy is focused on the hair follicles rather than the surface hair.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
- Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our office at (909) 218-3993 or email@example.com.
After your IPL treatment, you may notice:
- Darkening of dark spots: This is normal and to be expected and will lighten or “peel” off over the next weeks.
- Your face may look and feel like a sunburn. This will typically resolve within the next few hours.
- Protect your skin from the sun: After IPL treatment, your skin may be more sensitive to the sun. It is crucial to protect your skin from direct sunlight by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and avoiding excessive sun exposure. This helps to prevent sunburn and potential pigmentation issues. We have post-procedure kits available for purchase to promote healing and enhance your results.
- Apply cool compresses: If you experience any discomfort or mild swelling after the treatment, you can apply cool compresses or ice packs wrapped in a clean cloth to the treated area. This can help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.
- Maintain gentle skincare routine: Use only gentle, non-irritating skincare products on the treated area. Avoid using exfoliating scrubs, harsh cleansers, or any products that may irritate the skin for at least one week after the IPL treatment.
- Moisturize regularly: Keep the treated area well-hydrated by applying a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer. This helps to soothe the skin and promote healing.
- Attend follow-up appointments: It is important to attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your healthcare provider. These appointments allow them to assess your progress, address any concerns, and make any necessary recommendations for ongoing care.
- For best results, 3-6 sessions are recommended, though improvements can typically be seen after the first session. Larger dark spots will require more treatments.
- Avoid hot showers and baths: For the first 48 hours after IPL treatment, it is best to avoid hot showers, baths, saunas, steam rooms, or any activities that involve extended exposure to heat. Heat can exacerbate skin sensitivity and increase the risk of complications.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area: It is important to allow the skin to heal naturally without picking, scratching, or peeling off any scabs or crusts that may form. This can lead to scarring and other complications.
- Avoid waxing or plucking: Refrain from waxing, plucking, or using depilatory creams on the treated area for at least two weeks after IPL treatment. The hair follicles need time to shed naturally.
Maintaining Your Treatment:
- Maintenance treatments recommended once to twice a year to remove signs of aging and sun damage.
- Protect your skin from the sun all year long, including sunscreen, avoiding prolonged direct sunlight exposure, and using wide-brimmed hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- Use medical-grade skincare products between treatments, including retinol, vitamin C, and sunscreen.
- Products like Alumier Retinol, Intellibright, Everactive C&E, and treatments such as chemical peels, RF microneedling, and Resurfx can further enhance results
Notify Your Provider Immediately If:
Experiencing severe or persistent redness, swelling, pain, blistering, or any other unusual symptoms after IPL treatment.