Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Rumi Aesthetics offers hyaluronic acid fillers, a temporary, non-invasive dermal filler that is
used to minimize the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and facial folds. Hyaluronic acid is produced
naturally in the body and has a strong water-binding effect that acts as a natural skin barrier
and greatly increases tissue hydration, lubrication, and repair. These properties make them
effective at creating structure and a healthy framework, add volume to the face and lips, and
offer a replenishing boost of hydration for smooth, beautiful skin. With a long, tested history of
effective and safe use, they’re an optimal choice for filler.
Pre and Post Care
- Please avoid any dental cleaning or dental work 2 weeks before and after the procedure.
- Please avoid any vaccines 3-4 weeks before or after the procedure.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
- Please notify your provider if you have a history of cold sores.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, blood thinners, fish oil, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. John’s Worts, and kava kava for 7 days prior to the procedure to minimize bruising and swelling.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours prior to the procedure to minimize bruising.
- If you have a history of a neuromuscular or immunosuppressive disorder, please get a signed note from your primary care provider authorizing treatment.
- Please come to your filler appointment with NO makeup, if possible.
- Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our office at (909)218-3993 or email@example.com.
- Avoid scheduling the procedure within two weeks of a special event or vacation. If you are from out of town, it is recommended you stay in town for at least 24-48 hours post-procedure. If follow-ups are done, they are usually done two weeks post-procedure to assess the results of your treatment.
After your filler treatment, you may notice:
- Swelling, bruising, and soreness is to be expected post-treatment and can last up to two weeks after the procedure.
- Your results may look slightly asymmetrical initially, and you may also feel some temporary lumps/bumps in the areas that were injected. These irregularities typically resolve over the next few days to weeks.
- Please allow two to three weeks for treatment to fully settle before assessing your final results.
- Use cold compresses: If you experience any swelling or bruising, you can apply a cold compress to the treated area for short intervals (around 10 minutes at a time) during the first 24 hours. This can help reduce inflammation and discomfort.
- Take Arnica supplements or apply Arnica gel to help expedite the healing process.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your body and skin hydrated, which can help optimize the results of your dermal filler treatment.
- Attend follow-up appointments: It is important to attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your practitioner. These appointments allow them to assess the results, address any concerns, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Avoid touching the treated area: Refrain from touching, rubbing, or applying pressure to the treated area for at least 6 hours after the procedure. This helps prevent the migration of the filler and ensures optimal placement.
- Avoid wearing makeup over the areas that were injected for 24 hours post-treatment to decrease the risk of infection.
- Avoid strenuous activities: To minimize the risk of swelling and bruising, avoid vigorous exercise, heavy lifting, or any activities that could increase blood flow to the treated area for at least 24-48 hours.
- Avoid excessive heat and sun exposure: For the first few days after the procedure, avoid saunas, hot showers, sunbathing, or any activities that may expose the treated area to excessive heat or direct sunlight. This helps reduce the risk of inflammation and complications.
- Avoid alcohol, Vitamin E, fish oil, caffeine after the procedure as this may cause more bruising and swelling.
- Avoid pressure on the treated areas for the first few nights and sleep on your back if possible.
Lip Filler: Please massage your lips as instructed by your provider starting 4 days to 1 week after the procedure to help the filler integrate with the tissue and minimize the presence of lumps/bumps. Avoid smoking, drinking from a straw, or puckering your lips too much for the next week.
Nose Filler: No sunglasses/glasses for two weeks post-procedure. Please also avoid rubbing your nose or hitting your nose for two weeks. Avoid cold compresses post-procedure to minimize external pressure to the area. A complimentary touch-up is offered for nonsurgical nose jobs.
Temple Filler: You may experience a headache post-procedure and can be treated with Tylenol.
How to maintain your treatment:
- For sustained results, regular touch-ups are crucial. The frequency will vary depending on the type of dermal filler used and your body’s metabolism.
- Ensure you are using medical-grade skincare products in between treatments, including retinol products, vitamin C, and sunscreen.
- Products such as Alumier Intellibright, Everactive C&E, and treatments such as red light therapy, neurotoxins, PDO threads, smooth threads, RF Microneedling, and Sculptra can further enhance your results.
Contact your provider immediately if any of the following occurs:
- Extreme worsening pain in or around the areas that were treated.
- Development of a rash.
- Discoloration in or around the treated areas such as blanching (turning white), mottling (blotchy, red-purplish marbling of the skin).
- Severe headaches or changes in vision post-procedure.