SmoothGlo is an innovative treatment that uses the Stellar M22 IPL and Legend Pro Voluderm to improve skin tone, texture and volume in a sequential treatment that sets a new standard for aesthetic results. The first portion of the treatment aims to removes both brown and red spots to improving overall tone, while the second portion of the treatment aims to improves the texture, contour, and volume of the skin. By addressing all three areas in one session, SmoothGlo patients can dramatically reverse the visible signs of aging and enjoy a brighter, more youthful glow.
Pre and Post Care
Avoid Sun Exposure: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. This helps minimize skin sensitivity and reduce the risk of complications. If sun exposure cannot be avoided, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing.
Skincare Products: Discontinue the use of any retinol creams, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), or other exfoliating products for at least one week before the procedure. These products can sometimes cause skin irritation and may increase sensitivity during the treatment.
Avoid Certain Medications and Treatments: Prior to the treatment, inform your healthcare provider of any medications you are taking, especially those that can increase skin sensitivity or the risk of bleeding, such as blood thinners or Accutane. It is generally recommended to stop using these medications for a specified period before undergoing RF microneedling treatment. Additionally, avoid any other facial treatments, such as waxing or laser hair removal, for at least one week before your session.
Cleanse Your Skin: On the day of the treatment, ensure your skin is clean and free of any makeup, lotions, or creams. This allows for a sterile environment and optimal treatment effectiveness.
Hydrate Your Skin: Ensure your skin is well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the days leading up to your RF microneedling treatment. Hydrated skin tends to respond better to the procedure.
Avoid Tanning Products: Avoid using self-tanning products or getting spray tans for at least two weeks before your IPL treatment. These products can interfere with the accuracy of the treatment and increase the risk of adverse reactions.
Communicate Allergies or Skin Conditions: Inform your healthcare provider of any known allergies or skin conditions you may have, as this information is crucial in determining your suitability for the treatment and ensuring your safety.
Shave the Treatment Area: It is advisable to shave the treatment area the night before or on the day of the procedure. This ensures that the RF energy is focused on the skin rather than the surface hair.
Please Reschedule Your Appointment: If you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
Patients Who Are Pregnant or Breastfeeding: May not be treated. No exceptions.
Consent Forms: Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our office at (909) 218-3993 or email@example.com.
After Your Procedure, You May Notice:
- Redness and mild swelling for 3 to 5 days after your treatment.
- Minor scabbing can develop on the treatment areas and will resolve over the next two weeks.
- Your overall skin texture may feel dry and like sandpaper, but these are normal side effects that will subside after 4-7 days of treatment.
- You may also notice darkening of dark spots, which is normal and will improve or peel away over the course of the next several days.
- Protect Your Skin from the Sun: After SmoothGlo treatment, your skin may be more sensitive to the sun. It is crucial to protect your skin from direct sunlight by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and avoiding excessive sun exposure. We have post-procedure kits available for purchase to promote healing and enhance your results.
- Apply Cool Compresses: If you experience any discomfort or mild swelling after the treatment, you can apply cool compresses or ice packs wrapped in a clean cloth to the treated area. This can help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.
- Maintain Gentle Skincare Routine: Use only gentle, non-irritating skincare products on the treated area. Avoid using exfoliating scrubs, harsh cleansers, or any products that may irritate the skin for at least one week after treatment.
- Moisturize Regularly: Keep the treated area well-hydrated by applying a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer. This helps to soothe the skin and promote healing.
- Attend Follow-Up Appointments: It is important to attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your healthcare provider. These appointments allow them to assess your progress, address any concerns, and make any necessary recommendations for ongoing care. For best results, 3-6 sessions are recommended, though improvements can typically be seen after the first session. Larger dark spots will require more treatments.
- Avoid Hot Showers and Baths: For the first 48 hours after IPL treatment, it is best to avoid hot showers, baths, saunas, steam rooms, or any activities that involve extended exposure to heat. Heat can exacerbate skin sensitivity and increase the risk of complications.
- Do Not Pick or Scratch the Treated Area: It is important to allow the skin to heal naturally without picking, scratching, or peeling off any scabs or crusts that may form. This can lead to scarring and other complications.
- Avoid Waxing or Plucking: Refrain from waxing, plucking, or using depilatory creams on the treated area for at least two weeks after treatment. The hair follicles need time to shed naturally.
- Apply a Soothing Ointment if recommended by provider.
- Avoid Rigorous Exercise or Activities That Cause Sweating: For the first 24-48 hours after the treatment, avoid activities that may cause excessive sweating or increased heat in the treated area. This helps minimize the risk of infection and allows the skin to heal properly.
How to maintain your treatment:
- 3 sessions are recommended about 4 weeks apart for best results.
- Maintenance treatments are recommended once to twice a year to help remove some of the signs of aging and sun damage that may have accumulated over the past year.
- Protect your skin from the sun ALL YEAR LONG! This includes sunscreen, avoiding
prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, wide brimmed hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- Ensure you are using medical grade skincare products in between treatments including retinol products, vitamin C, and sunscreen.
- Products such as Alumier Retinol, Intellibright, Everactive C&E, and treatments such as neurotoxins, threads, and sculptra can further enhance your results.
Notify your provider immediately if:
Experiencing severe or persistent redness, swelling, pain, blistering, or any other unusual symptoms occur after treatment