Pre and Post Care
- Avoid sun exposure: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. This helps to minimize skin sensitivity and reduce the risk of complications. If sun exposure cannot be avoided, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing.
- Skincare products: Discontinue the use of any retinol creams, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), or other exfoliating products for at least one week before the RF microneedling treatment. These products can sometimes cause skin irritation and may increase sensitivity during the treatment.
- Avoid certain medications and treatments: Prior to the treatment, inform your healthcare provider of any medications you are taking, especially those that can increase skin sensitivity or risk of bleeding, such as blood thinners or Accutane. It is generally recommended to stop using these medications for a specified period before undergoing RF microneedling treatment. Additionally, avoid any other facial treatments, such as waxing or laser hair removal, for at least one week before your session.
- Cleanse your skin: On the day of the treatment, ensure your skin is clean and free of any makeup, lotions, or creams. This allows for a sterile environment and optimal treatment effectiveness.
- Hydrate your skin: Ensure your skin is well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the days leading up to your RF microneedling treatment. Hydrated skin tends to respond better to the procedure.
- Communicate allergies or skin conditions: Inform your healthcare provider of any known allergies or skin conditions you may have, as this information is crucial in determining your suitability for the treatment and ensuring your safety.
- Shave the treatment area: If you are receiving RF microneedling treatment for areas with hair, such as the face, it is advisable to shave the treatment area the night before or on the day of the procedure. This ensures that the RF energy is focused on the skin rather than the surface hair.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
- Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our office at (909)218-3993 or firstname.lastname@example.org
After your treatment, you may notice:
- Some soreness, irritation, tightness, redness, and your skin may be dry and flaky — this is normal and should resolve over the next few days
- Some tiny needle scabs — this is normal and should resolve over the next few days as long as aftercare instructions are followed
- For best results, our post-procedure kits are available in-office for purchase for aftercare.
- Keep the treated area clean: Gently cleanse the treated area with a mild cleanser and water to remove any residue or ointments. Avoid using harsh or abrasive products for a few days after the treatment.
- Apply a soothing ointment if recommended by the provider.
- Maintain a gentle skincare routine: Use only gentle, non-irritating skincare products on the treated area for at least one week after the RF microneedling treatment. Avoid using exfoliating scrubs, harsh cleansers, or any products that may irritate the skin.
- Moisturize regularly: Keep the treated area well-hydrated by applying a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer recommended by your healthcare provider. This helps to soothe the skin and promote healing.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks after the RF microneedling treatment. This helps to prevent skin sensitivity and reduce the risk of complications. If sun exposure cannot be avoided, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing.
- Avoid rigorous exercise or activities that cause sweating: For the first 24-48 hours after the treatment, avoid activities that may cause excessive sweating or increased heat in the treated area. This helps to minimize the risk of infection and allows the skin to heal properly.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area: Do not pick at or scratch the treated area, as this can lead to scarring or infection. Allow any scabs or dryness to naturally resolve on their own.
How to maintain your treatment:
- Maintenance treatments are recommended once every 6 months to a year after the initial set of 3-4 treatments to maintain your results.
- Ensure you are using medical grade skincare products in between treatments including retinol products, vitamin C, and sunscreen.
- Products such as AlumierMD Retinol, Intellibright, Everactive C&E, and treatments such as PDO threads, filler, sculptra, neurotoxins, ResurFX, and IPL can further enhance your results.