– Swelling, bruising, and tenderness. To manage these symptoms, you can apply a cold compress, take over-the-counter pain relievers, or follow any specific instructions provided by your healthcare provider.
1. Ice the treated area: Apply a cold compress or ice pack wrapped in a clean cloth to the treated area for about 10-15 minutes at a time. This can help reduce swelling and discomfort.
2. Keep the area clean: Gently cleanse the treated area with a mild cleanser and water, then pat it dry with a clean towel. Avoid using harsh or abrasive products on the treated area for a few days.
3. Be patient with results: It may take several weeks or even months to see the full effects of the treatment as the body naturally eliminates the targeted fat cells.
4. For best results 3-6 sessions are recommended 6-8 weeks apart.
5. Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area: Refrain from touching, rubbing, or applying pressure to the treated area for at least a few days after the injections. This helps to prevent infection and allows the medication to work effectively.
6. Avoid excessive heat and sun exposure: Stay away from excessive heat, such as saunas, hot showers, or steam rooms, for at least 48 hours after the treatment. Also, protect the treated area from direct sunlight by wearing a wide-brimmed hat or using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.