1. Avoid sun exposure: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. This helps to minimize skin sensitivity and reduce the risk of complications. If sun exposure cannot be avoided, use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and wear protective clothing.
2. Skincare products: Discontinue the use of any retinol creams, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), or other exfoliating products for at least one week before the procedure. These products can sometimes cause skin irritation and may increase sensitivity during the treatment.
3. Avoid certain medications and treatments: Prior to the treatment, inform your healthcare provider of any medications you are taking, especially those that can increase skin sensitivity or risk of bleeding, such as blood thinners or Accutane. It is generally recommended to stop using these medications for a specified period before undergoing RF microneedling treatment. Additionally, avoid any other facial treatments, such as waxing or laser hair removal, for at least one week before your session.
4. Cleanse your skin: On the day of the treatment, ensure your skin is clean and free of any makeup, lotions, or creams. This allows for a sterile environment and optimal treatment effectiveness.
5. Hydrate your skin: Ensure your skin is well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water in the days leading up to your RF microneedling treatment. Hydrated skin tends to respond better to the procedure.
6. Avoid tanning products: Avoid using self-tanning products or getting spray tans for at least two weeks before your IPL treatment. These products can interfere with the accuracy of the treatment and increase the risk of adverse reactions.
7. Communicate allergies or skin conditions: Inform your healthcare provider of any known allergies or skin conditions you may have, as this information is crucial in determining your suitability for the treatment and ensuring your safety.
8. Shave the treatment area: It is advisable to shave the treatment area the night before or on the day of the procedure. This ensures that the RF energy is focused on the skin rather than the surface hair.
9. Please reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well, develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated.
10. Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding may not be treated. No exceptions.
11. Please have your consent forms filled out prior to your appointment. If you did not receive consent forms, please reach out to our oﬃce at (909)218-3993 or email@example.com