– Redness and mild swelling for 3 to 5 days after your treatment.
– Minor scabbing can develop on the treatment areas and will resolve over the next two weeks
– Your overall skin texture may feel dry and like sandpaper, but these are normal side effects
that will subside after 4-7 days of treatment.
– You may also noticed darkening of dark spots which is normal and will improve or peel away
over the course of the next several days.
1. Protect your skin from the sun: After SmoothGlo treatment, your skin may be more sensitive to the sun. It is crucial to protect your skin from direct sunlight by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and avoiding excessive sun exposure. This helps to prevent sunburn and potential pigmentation issues. We have post-procedure kits available for purchase to promote healing and enhance your results.
2. Apply cool compresses: If you experience any discomfort or mild swelling after the treatment, you can apply cool compresses or ice packs wrapped in a clean cloth to the treated area. This can help reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.
3. Maintain gentle skincare routine: Use only gentle, non-irritating skincare products on the treated area. Avoid using exfoliating scrubs, harsh cleansers, or any products that may irritate the skin for at least one week after treatment.
4. Moisturize regularly: Keep the treated area well-hydrated by applying a gentle, non- comedogenic moisturizer. This helps to soothe the skin and promote healing.
5. Attend follow-up appointments: It is important to attend any scheduled follow-up appointments with your healthcare provider. These appointments allow them to assess your progress, address any concerns, and make any necessary recommendations for ongoing care. For best results, 3-6 sessions are recommended, though improvements can typically be seen after the first session. Larger dark spots will require more treatments.
6. Avoid hot showers and baths: For the first 48 hours after IPL treatment, it is best to avoid hot showers, baths, saunas, steam rooms, or any activities that involve extended exposure to heat. Heat can exacerbate skin sensitivity and increase the risk of complications.
7. Do not pick or scratch the treated area: It is important to allow the skin to heal naturally without picking, scratching, or peeling off any scabs or crusts that may form. This can lead to scarring and other complications.
8. Avoid waxing or plucking: Refrain from waxing, plucking, or using depilatory creams on the treated area for at least two weeks after treatment. The hair follicles need time to shed naturally.
9. Apply a soothing ointment if recommended by provider
10. Avoid rigorous exercise or activities that cause sweating: For the first 24-48 hours after the treatment, avoid activities that may cause excessive sweating or increased heat in the treated area. This helps to minimize the risk of infection and allows the skin to heal properly.